At the FIE level the rule is already in place that a portion of the foil bib is now part of the target area. During the upcoming USA Fencing season, which starts on August 1, 2012 that rule will be applied to ALL national, regional, and local level competitions.
Here is our brief guide to Foil: What’s Target? for 2012-2013.
In the 2011-2012 season, USA Fencing started the transition to the international ruling on the expanded target in foil. All National events which were Team Selection events required the conductive bib for foil fencing. As of August 1, 2012 the ruling expands to cover every foil tournament held under USA Fencing rules.
Here’s our new checklist of the events:
Events where the Foil Mask with Conductive Bib is still Required:
Division I North American Cups (NAC)
- Cadet North American Cups (NAC)
- Junior North American Cups (NAC)
- Wheelchair North American Cups (NAC)
- Vet 50 North American Cups (NAC)
- Vet 60 North American Cups (NAC)
- Vet 70 North American Cups (NAC)
- Junior Olympics
- Division I National Championships
- Wheelchair National Championships
- Vet 50/60/70 National Championships
Events where the Foil Mask with Conductive Bib is NOW Required:
- NCAA Foil events in the 2011-2012 Season.
- Any Local (Divisional) event, including JO and National qualification events
- Super Youth Circuit (SYC) events
- Regional Youth Circuit (SYC) events
- Regional Open Circuit (ROC) events
- Division IA NACs or National Championships
- Division II NACs or National Championships
- Division III NACs or National Championships
- Vet Combined NACs
- Vet 40 National Championships
- Y10 / Y12 / Y14 NACs or National Championships
- Any Team Events
Events at which the Foil Bib as Target is NOT required:
Dit artikel is overgenomen van de website van Fencing.net Nieuws: http://www.fencing.net/5637/foil-mask-rules-for-the-2012-2013-fencing-season/.